What Does It Mean to Be Saved?
CBN.com What does it mean when someone says they are ‘saved?’
Upon conversion to Christianity, all people go through the following process:
- Confess that they are a sinner in need of a Savior
- Repent from that sin
- Acknowledge and believe that Jesus is the One Savior who can take away their sin (because of His deity, and His death and resurrection)
- Believe that Jesus is the Son of God, the promised Messiah
- Receive the Holy Spirit to guide them in daily life
- Have their names written in the Lamb’s book of life, where upon death they will not be destined to a life separated from God – instead, they will be ‘saved’ from eternity in hell, and receive access to heaven and eternal fellowship with God
The term ‘saved’ simply refers to the standing a believer has in Jesus Christ. With the guarantee of heaven, believers are ‘saved’ from eternal damnation in hell. All who are believers are sealed with the blood of Jesus Christ, and seen as righteous in the eyes of the Lord…’saved’ to be with God in heaven.
Do You Want a Relationship with